Lime (Citrus latifolia) Vitality™ essential oil is prized for its ability to bring a unique citrus flavor and delicious zing to any food or beverage. Adding a few drops of Lime Vitality essential oil to your dishes is the perfect way to elevate your cooking.Young Living Lime Vitality oil is versatile and concentrated, making it an important ingredient in one of our most popular blends, Stress Away™. Whether you’re stirring it into drinks for a bright burst of flavor or giving your food a little extra citrus zip, Lime Vitality essential oil is a welcome kick of summer that you can enjoy year-round.
Lime Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add 1 drop of Lime Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed as a dietary supplement.
- Combine Lime Vitality essential oil with olive oil to use as a marinade for meat and veggies.
- Include a drop to your stir fry to bring dimension and add a great depth of flavor.
- Add a little Lime Vitality oil to berry dishes to complement their natural sweetness
- Enjoy staying hydrated and add variety by infusing your water with a drop or two of Lime Vitality
Black Eye Pea Salad
1 can black eye peas, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 medium tomato
1 medium onion
1/2 of a cucumber
1/4 of a bunch of parsley
1/4 of a bunch of cilantro
1TBSP minced garlic
2 drops of Lime Essential Oil
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Splash of Red Wine Vinegar
Splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a glass bowl, place your salt, I use about 1 teaspoon, but you may you less or more if you like.
2. Carefully drop 2 drops of Lime Essential Oil into the salt and swirl to distribute.
3. Add black pepper and garlic, stir to combine
4. Dice the tomato, peel and dice the onion and the cucumber and finely chop the parsley and cilantro. Place all of this into your dish with the previous ingredients.
5. Into this mixture, dump the can of corn and the can of black eye peas.
6. Add a splash of red wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil. Toss and taste. I like to “walk in” certain ingredients, vinegars, oils, salts and peppers. I add a splash, toss, taste, repeat, until it’s just perfect.:-)
7. When you reach perfection, slide your salad into the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes.
Takes about 15 minutes to assemble.
Needs to chill 30 minutes.