I am using chop steaks today, but you can use any type of steak and even beef roast chunks. My local grocery store often has meats at greatly reduced prices regularly! This means that often I have doubles or triples of meats and sometimes random things. 😂 Like this Chop Steak. Im a proper southerner and do enjoy fried steak and gravy but 4 packs equals a lot of steak and gravy and I get bored easily. 😉 So…. as I was organizing my oils for my monthly Essential Oils order AND my chest freezer for grocery day, I dreamed up this recipe and proceeded to make it happen. Let’s just say, the gentlemen in the house sure did enjoy a “man dish” . 🤣
*This is a two part recipe that requires marinating 3 to 8 hours is advised for flavor purposes.
1 medium glass dish
1 small glass dish
Spoon for stirring
Ingredients for coating mixer:
¼ cup flour
1 TBSP cornstarch
½ tsp sea salt add 1 drop of Lime Vitality
¼ tsp black pepper.
Stir to combine and
Ingredients for Marinade and Sauce part 1 :
4 pieces of chop steak or equivalent to 2.5 cups
1 rounded tsp sea salt
½ of a 1 bunch of cilantro
½ cup room temperature butter
4 drops Lime Vitality Essential Oil
Instructions for Marinade and Sauce:
1. Slice HALF of your fresh lime into thin slices and set the slices aside. Chop your cilantro and divide in half.
2. The remaining half of lime, juice into your small glass dish. Add the salt, and half of your cilantro and stir. Melt 1 TBSP butter and add to this dish. Add 3 drops of Lime Vitality Essential Oil. Stir well.
3. Begin with thawed steak/beef and chop it into bite size pieces if needed. Place your chunks into medium glass dish and pour your marinade over and toss to coat evenly. Cover your dish and place in your refrigerator for 3 to 8 hours.
4. The remainder of the butter and cilantro may now be warmed in a small sauce pen on low heat. When you remove it from the heat to serve, add 2 drops of Lime Vitality Essential Oil and stir well.
5. The time has come to cook your bites! You can pan fry/sear, deep fry or air fry, whatever floats your boat. Today I will deep fry these because I’m in the mood for that special crispness and alas, I don’t yet own an air fryer. You will want to fully heat your oil, butter etc..
6. Now you will coat your steak bites in the coating mix above. Place this mixture into a container or bag, add your steak bites and give them a good shake to coat them well.
7. Work in batches that you can easily deliver to the cooking agent, as well as easily remove.
8. I fry my bites for about 1.5 minutes then I remove them to my strainer and deliver the next batch to my hot oil.
9. Now you will drizzle and coat your cooked steak bites in the portion of marinade you set aside earlier. Garnish with a slice of fresh lime for edible garnish and serve promptly!
Hopefully your offspring haven’t already devoured your lime garnish. 😂🤣 oops!